Colorado Visitation Attorney
Parenting plans are an important part of child custody. Clients often want to know what a parenting plan looks like, especially the type of overnight options available to them. At Shea L. Burchill, P.C., I provide comprehensive divorce representation. I am committed to helping individuals achieve suitable resolutions to complicated family law matters.
Parenting plans dictate how both parents will move forward in parenting children after a divorce. These plans can create complications, especially when both parents cannot cooperate to create a plan that benefits all parties, notably the children. If you cannot agree, the court will intervene and issue orders. As a dedicated Longmont parenting plan attorney, I bring more than 10 years of experience and knowledge. I can help you create a suitable plan — I can also protect your rights through litigation and trial.
Typical Parenting Time Schedules
Colorado courts have several options when assigning parenting time. A few include:
- Week-on/Week-off plan: A week with Parent A, a week with Parent B
- Every other weekend plan: Parent A has every other weekend and one evening visit.
- 5-2-2-5 plan: 5 nights with Parent A, 2 nights with Parent B, 2 nights with Parent A, 5 nights with Parent B
- 4-3, 3-4 plan: 4 nights with Parent A, 3 nights with Parent B one week, then 4 nights with Parent B, 3 nights with Parent A the next week
- Distance plan: School years with Parent A, summers and holidays with Parent B
- View Sample Schedules
There are distinct advantages and disadvantages to the parenting time schedule you choose. The number of overnights relates to the calculation for child support, which could create financial issues. I recommend that you consult with a qualified lawyer before making final decisions.
Arrange an Appointment
I invite you to contact me online or by phone at 720-204-1412 or toll free at 888-334-6547. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and by appointment. My office is located near the Longmont Post Office.