Longmont Spousal Support Lawyer
Colorado Spousal Maintenance Attorney
Couples going through divorce often struggle to agree on spousal support (called maintenance in Colorado). The courts do not have any set guidelines for individuals to follow, so emotions can complicate matters.
At Shea L. Burchill, P.C., I provide comprehensive, thorough litigation representation. As a dedicated Longmont spousal support attorney, I represent those seeking support, as well as individuals facing support obligations. Additionally, I provide guidance and representation for spousal support modification.
In Colorado, you may be awarded temporary spousal support, which lasts until you receive your final divorce orders. Once the final orders come out, the judge has discretion as to the amount and duration of any further spousal support. A few of the factors judges review for determining support include the:
- Financial resources of those seeking support
- Time necessary to acquire education, training and employment of those seeking support
- Standard of living during the marriage
- Length of the marriage
- Age and physical and emotional condition of those seeking support
- Ability of the paying spouse to meet his or her needs while meeting the needs of the other spouse
It is important that you discuss your situation with a qualified lawyer to protect your rights and ensure your obligation or support is suitable.
Arrange an Appointment
I invite you to contact me online or by phone at 888-334-6547 or toll free at . Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and by appointment. My office is located near the Longmont Post Office.